Saturday, June 6, 2015

My translation of Alexey Mozgovoy's poem No.8 (The belated, overdue letter home)

The Overdue Letter

Mozgovoy Aleksey Borisovich,
Hi, Mom! Hello, Father!
How are you, my dear?
I took a break and put else off
So at last I can sit, think and write.

Tell me how are things at home?
I hope you both are well …
The fate is one sneaky thief,
Whom she steals, she keeps enchained.

I miss you whether awake or asleep,
I miss your words that warm with kindness,
I miss the love, the human basics,
Which you taught us how to find and reach.

Please write to me all as is, no hiding,
Yes, I am on my way and going and still
I remember when I was your little child
Drawing smiles when sitting on your knees.

And even now in this place so distant,
You are always where my heart shall be.
I know that your life is neither light nor easy
And that now new winter snow is coming.

The fall is gone into the dispatched past,
The more my gloom so grows and ferments.
Please forgive me my mistakes,
Now from my heart I do regret.

Please forgive me for the foregone sleep,
For my character in which the right word
Went missing then, now I promise … the word
And I will come home soon.

Запоздалое письмо...

Мозговой Алексей Борисович
Здравствуйте, мама. Здравствуй, отец!
Как вы, мои дорогие?
Вот выкроил время, пишу на конец,
Оставив проблемы другие.

Скажите мне, как вы, как дома дела?
Надеюсь, вы оба здоровы...
Злодейка-судьба, меня в даль увела,
Надела, разлуки оковы.

Скучаю за вами я, даже во сне,
За ласковым, добрым словом.
За той теплотой, что дарили вы мне,
Когда всем учили основам.

Вы всё напишите мне, всё без утай.
Да, сын не путёвый, не скрою.
Я детство своё своё, вспоминаю как рай,
Ведь были вы рядом со мною.

И даже сейчас, когда я далеко,
Вы в сердце моём, всегда рядом.
Я знаю родные, как вам не легко,
Настала пора снегопадам...

Давно уже осень у вас позади,
От этого горечь сильнее.
Простите, прошу вас, ошибки мои,
Сейчас я о них сожалею.

Простите меня, за потерянный сон,
Характер, простите мой...
Даю я вам слово, изменится он,
Я скоро, приеду домой...



No comments:

Post a Comment