1. First, while watching the preparations of the fascist, anti-Russian takeover of Ukraine over so many years, the Kremlin did nothing ... nothing of any substance with respect to countervailing resistance. It was idly standing by.
2. When the Russian Spring began to flare up
in Ukraine in response to the Maidan, the Kremlin first flushed down the
river the uprising in the old Russian city of Kharkov, the second
largest city in Ukraine. Already in April of 2014.
3. When the
Russian Spring was suppressed by means of brutal massacre in Odessa on
May 2, 2014, the Kremlin rewarded this with the legitimization of the
Poroshenko elections and the junta. In this way, the Kremlin flushed
down the river Odessa and the whole antifascist uprising in the
South-East outside of Donbass.
4. The Minsk Agreements flushed down
the river not only the occupied two thirds of the Donetsk and Lugansk
republics, but also the republics because the Kremlin recognized as a
matter of principle fascist sovereignty over the whole Donbass and the
whole of Ukraine, thus rejecting recognition of the DPR and the LPR as
5. In the guise of the "demilitarized zones"
under Minsk, the Kremlin then flushed down the river most of the forward
positions of the NAF.
6. In September of 2014, the Kremlin flushed
down the river Mariupol, which was in the early days of September
effectively abandoned by the junta. Liberation of Mariupol would have
effectively won the war for Donbass and would have created a land
corridor to Crimea.
7. Russian colonial oligarchy has been betraying the Russian people for the 25-30 years.
8. To argue that the Russian Spring was not betrayed because the final
turning of the DPR and the LPR has not yet taken place is as valid as
arguing that the bank was not robbed because the thieves have not yet
"withdrawn" or stolen all the money--only 90% of them.
we have the Crimean case which showed and shows that the US would not
and did not go nuclear over Russian intervention. However, I don't doubt
that if the US faced a prospect of having a hostile power 400 miles
from Washington D.C., as what Russia
is facing now, then for the US all options would be on the table. And
certainly no Minsk. Putin is no strategic genius. A clever mafia don and
a former C- student.